Modern Solution for Modern Living
Developments in mobile communication technology have revolutionized the way that people interact and access information. Mobile devices are constantly evolving to serve a host of complex functions and services which are increasingly focused on sensitive matters such as commerce, business and personal information. Mobile OTP by Advanced Directions is a convenient and easy to use application that enables users to harness the power of two-factor authentication for secure network log-in and key based challenge response protocol from their favorite mobile devices.
Powerful Access Restrictions Manage Risk from Loss or Theft
The strong authentication capabilities of Mobile Token are secured by the user’s ability to change the access password as well as the number of acceptable trials and the time period that a password maintains it validity. Secured in a password protected application the powerful token features are limited exclusively to the rightful token proprietor.
Compatible with Time (TOTP), Event (HOTP) One Time Password (OTP) Protocols
HOTP utilizes a dynamic event based algorithm, creating a unique password in the form of a number sequence, regenerated for each new log-in. Once the user has confirmed themselves in the application, access is granted to the one time password which is retrieved on demand- with the push of a button.
TOTP requires no user input to facilitate the change of log-in credentials, it is based on an algorithm that generates a new password to correspond to the passing of time and eliminates the possibility of passwords which can stagnate without user input for an indeterminate period of time.
Use in conjunction with OATH Challenge Response Algorithm (OCRA)
This enables the user to access the broad base of functions available with challenge and response technology. These features include the secure digital signing of transactions and sensitive data; once the digital signature is affixed to a file its content cannot be altered by so much as one character without causing a revocation of the secure sign. The unique response sequence generated by a specific user challenge (as well as the reverse process) can be utilized to cross validate servers and websites making certain that the intended destination is not being misrepresented; a user can validate the system before logging in and entering sensitive data and likewise the system can validate the user to be assured that they are who they claim to be.
Advanced Directions FOAS and Mobile Token: Working Together
The Mobile Token solution can be delivered as part of a more complete package by Advanced Directions when used in tandem with the Advanced Directions OATH Authentication Server (FOAS) back end token management system. Adopting Mobile Token in conjunction with FOAS helps institutions mitigate the scope of their IT infrastructure from overhead expenses to administration.
- Users Are Empowered to Choose the Necessary Level of Security
- Activation Arranged by Preference
- Customizations are available based on the application platform
- Be Yourself with Unique Mobile Identity Verification
- Designed for compatibility with consumer favorite devices
Mobile Token by Advanced Directions can support a range of Advanced Directions security solutions (HOTP, TOTP, and OCRA) it is up to the end user to decide which level of security they require. HOTP is based on user input featuring a dynamic password that changes at the push of a button. TOTP is a clock based system that changes with the passing of time. OCRA is a challenge/response system that, in addition to strong authentication, can provide data encryption and cross-validation.
Users who opt for Online Activation must enter an activation address, an activation password, a username and a password or serial number of token on the online activation interface of the mobile phone token after connecting the mobile phone to the network. Alternatively users can decide to Activate Manually, using this offline approach users need to enter a token serial number, an activation password, and an activation code on the manual activation interface of the mobile phone token.
For J2ME and Windows Mobile platforms you can choose online or manual activation, specify a web address for activation, Personalize with a logo and product picture and set the language interface
Mobile Token by Advanced Directions is equipped with a unique identification code which binds a set of specific authentication credentials to a certain mobile device. This measure effectively prevents the unauthorized use of personal Mobile Token features since the identification code generated by different devices vary.
Mobile OTP by Advanced Directions was engineered for seamless compatibility with such popular mobile device platforms as: Android, iPhone, etc.
- Strong two-factor authentication through dynamic password technology
- Unique password generated each time, password cannot be reused
- Minimum change to existed static password authentication system
- OATH compliant event-based HOTP, time-based TOTP and challenge-response OCRA algorithms
- Compliant with OATH open algorithm
- Easy to be integrated with 3rd party OATH authentication system
- PSKC format seed code available
- Easy to use and portable
- Simple one-click to generate the one-time-password
- No PIN needed
- Independent to end-user environment. No external connection is needed
- Easy to carry on a key ring
- Single-button OTP hardware token
- 8-character high contrast LCD display with a count-down timing bar
- One built-in button
- Onboard accurate Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Non-replaceable built-in battery
- Secure Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Unique token serial number
- Secure, robust and long life hardware design
- Battery lifetime expectancy 5 to 7 years
- Seed code stored with encryption and protection
- Tamper evidence
- Flexible customization options
- Customizable 6 or 8 digits pass code
- Customizable OTP refresh frequency (for time based algorithms)
- Faceplate, casing color and serial number customizable
- Customizable industrial and end-user packaging